Colloidal Silver should be in everyone’s medicine cabinet as it is a go to for many health issues from sinus infection to the common cold. Medicinal silver has been used in ancient Greece, Rome, and Macedonia. The father of medicine, Hippocrates even stated that silver healed wounds and controlled infections. Colloidal silver is a natural antibiotic agent with antiseptic, antifungal, and disinfectant properties.
How It Works
The ionized silver kills bacteria by causing suffocating the pathogen itself. The silver can decrease the enzymatic action of the pathogen. Basically, it strangles the bacteria and stops it ability to replicate. The technical term for this is catalytic oxidation. The silver holds on to the oxygen that the bacteria cell needs to replicate and survive. Silver can also speed up the recovery process and support normal cell growth. It is antibacterial even to antibiotic-resistant superbugs. It helps with wound care and skin health, pink eye, ear infections, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory. Because of these silver is a go to for the common cold, sinusitis, pneumonia, and anything else.
Silver can also be used on animals too, topically and orally. For topical applications it has been shown to help with:
Abrasions, cuts, wounds, acne, pink eye, eye infections, ear infections, skin rashes, insect bites, periodontal diseases, infected teeth, bleeding gums etc.
For oral uses- One can use it for antibacterial infections, especially for antibiotic resistant superbugs, like the common flu, viral infections, sinusitis, wide spread inflammation, and pneumonia.
Dosing for People:
- 2-5 drops applied directly to the skin
- 1 eyedropper taken orally for immune support
- 1-2 drops into eyes for pink eye
- 1-2 drops can help disinfect any wound or sore by applying onto a Band-Aid
- 5 drops added into a neti pot or directly sprayed into the nose
For dogs: Orally
- 2-10lbs- 1/16, tsp two to three times a day for up to 10 days
- 11-25lbs- 1/8, tsp two to three times a day for up to 10 days
- Medium dogs:
- 26-40lbs- ¼ tsp, two to three times a day for up to 10 days
- 41-55lbs- 1/2tsp, two to three times a day for 10 days
- Large dogs:
- 56-80lbs- ¾ tsp, two to three times a day for up to 10 days
- 81-100lbs- 1 tsp, two to three times a day for up to 10 days
- 101-150lbs- 1-1 1/4 tsp, two to three times a day for up to 10 days
- 151-200+lbs- 1.5 tsp, two to three times a day for up to 10 days